Sports Injury Treatment in Dayton with Individualized Sports Chiropractic Care
Athletes are no stranger to joint pain and other types of aches and discomforts. But if your shoulder pain, neck pain, back pain, hip pain, knee pain, or other issue are keeping you on the bench and preventing you from participating in the activities you love; then finding a solution to your dysfunction is essential. At Dayton, OH, we do more than just relieve symptoms of sports injury. Our sports chiropractic care services can get to the root of your issue so you can get longer-lasting pain relief without drugs or invasive procedures.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Millions of sports injuries occur every year in this country, affecting active people of all ages. A few of the most common ones (which can occur in high impact, low impact, contact, and non-contact sports) include:
- Muscle strains: for example, rotator cuff strains or tears are a major source of shoulder pain
- Ligament sprains: ACL and MCL sprains is a major source of knee pain
- Tendon impingement or inflammation (tendonitis): rotator cuff, biceps, quadriceps, patellar, and Achilles tendonitis are common
- Shin splints: aka medial tibial stress syndrome
- Neck pain and back pain: can be caused by joint misalignments, vertebral bone fractures, disc herniation or bulge, or nerve compression
- Plantar fasciitis: inflammation of the underside of the foot), which leads to heel and foot pain
Risk Factors for Sports Injury
Sports injuries aren't always predictable, but you may be more at risk for one if you have one or some of the following risk factors:
- Repetitive movement, especially overhead, lifting, bending, jumping, pivoting, or twisting
- Poor technique, body mechanics, or energy efficiency
- Ill-fitting equipment and/or hard/uneven running surface
- Inadequate rest, nutrition, and hydration
- Slips, collisions, falls
- Poorly healed prior injuries (e.g., scar tissue) or areas of postural imbalances and weakness
Beyond Pain Relief: The Benefits of Sports Chiropractic Care
Our Dayton chiropractor provides injured athletes of all abilities and ages with much-needed natural pain relief and tissue healing. Services such as chiropractic adjustments (which realign the backbone and optimize nervous system function) as well as non-invasive modalities like Piezo Wave Therapy (which uses sound to trigger cellular metabolism and increased blood flow) are ideal for this.
But we go beyond sports injury care! Dr. Briggs also prescribes corrective exercises and postural retraining techniques to help a person improve movement, prevent future injury, and maximize physical performance.