Our Dayton/Beavercreek, OH, Chiropractor Can Address a Range of Sports Injuries
If you are a sports lover, athlete, or weekend warrior, you know a sports injury can hold you back significantly. Not only is getting back at the game fast is important but also completely healing from the sports injury. If you sustained a sports injury, our chiropractor at Dayton/Beavercreek Chiropractic Center in Dayton/Beavercreek, OH, can employ the latest chiropractic treatments to help you to fully and quickly recover from it.
What Is a Sports Injury?
A sports injury is a type of injury that happens when you play a sport or workout. It can occur when you move the limbs too far, are hit by a piece of sports equipment or another person, or when you push too hard when playing sports. There are many types of sports injuries, and the most common are the following:
- Strains: This type of injury occurs when the muscles are ripped or pulled too far.
- Knee injury: The knee is a joint located in the leg that connects your shin, kneecap, and thigh. A torn meniscus is the most common type of a knee injury.
- Swollen muscles: If you are pushed hard by someone or get hit by something, your muscles might get inflamed and swollen.
- Achilles tendon injury: The Achilles tendon is the tendon connecting the foot to a calf in a lower part of the leg. The Achilles tendon can get injured, inflamed, and even torn, which causes severe pain and other symptoms.
- Fractures: It is a break in the bone that is often caused by hit, falling, or by repeated stress on the bone when exercising.
- Dislocations: Sometimes, the joint that brings two or more bones together gets injured and makes the bones get out of position. This is called a dislocation.
Since there are so many different types of sports injuries, their symptoms might vary. The most common symptoms that occur as a result of sports injuries are:
- Swelling and inflammation
- Not being able to move
- Decreased range of motion
- Visible injury
Even though most sports injuries heal on their own or with the help of basic first aid, there are certain sports injuries that require immediate medical attention and treatment. After an injury, you should see our Dayton/Beavercreek, OH, doctor as soon as possible if you are in severe pain or have swelling and inflammation that does not go away after a couple of days.
Contact Our Chiropractic Center in Dayton/Beavercreek, OH
Chiropractic treatment has proved to be effective in healing sports injuries and managing the symptoms, including pain and inflammation. Our chiropractor makes adjustments that improve joint functioning and accelerate the healing process. If you have recently experienced a sports injury, our Dayton/Beavercreek Chiropractic Center in Dayton/Beavercreek, OH, is ready to assist you in your healing journey. Give us a call today at 937-789-7341 and schedule your appointment with our chiropractor.